Symptoms of Low Testosterone are:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Not waking with an erection
- Depressed mood
- Decreased libido
- Increased body fat
- Sleep disturbances
- Decreased muscle mass and strength
- Loss of body hair (pubic, axillary, facial)
- Osteoporosis and decreased bone mineral density
- Breast discomfort and enlargement
- Low sperm count
- Hot flashes
- Poor concentration and decreased energy.
Risk factors for developing low testosterone include type 2 diabetes, obesity, renal failure, HIV, hypertension, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and taking glucocorticoid (steroids), opioid or antipsychotic medication therapy.